1.04.2010

Soup


Ok...so I got inspired and decided to make some soups for the cold weather. For this adventure, I purchased a $100 Kitchen Aid food processor. While the food processor did a stellar job of actually pulverizing the food and was also easy to clean, it was too small, and I couldn't believe that the (plastic) bowl for the thing seemed to be so cheaply made. I mean, seriously - I worried that if I lost my grip on the thing and it slipped out of my hand, it would shatter into a million pieces!


Anyway, so I used it to make cream of spinach soup (light on the cream, heavy on the spinach) and sweet potato coconut chili (not what it sounds like - it's heavy on the sweet potatoes with a hint of coconut milk and red chili peppers). They turned out so well and were so gorgeous that I photographed them and decided they were brag-worthy. :) Bring it on, winter - BRING IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment