3.07.2010

French Toast

Michele and I were trying to decide what to have for breakfast this morning, and not only were we both feeling indecisive, but I didn't have a whole lot of "breakfasty" stuff in the fridge. I eat eggs for breakfast just about every day of the week, so I was in the mood for something different. I suggested pancakes, but then I remembered that all of my buttermilk is frozen, and that would take awhile to make, anyway. I glanced at the top shelf and saw the bread, so I suggested french toast. Neither one of us had ever made french toast before (isn't that CRAZY???), but Michele was brave and said she'd try it. While she got that started, I took the dogs out and started a pot of coffee. :)This is what we ended up with - not too shabby! I sliced a banana and covered mine with that (and pure, organic maple syrup, of course!), and it was awesome! :) Breakfast fit for queens, as grandma would say!

No comments:

Post a Comment