12.01.2010

Kettle

I always thought tea kettles were for little old ladies. Then, I lived with J Word (who kind of is a little old lady) for awhile and got really into things like hot tea and using a tea kettle to boil water for oatmeal and instant soup mix. :) Last year, when we parted ways, she took her fancy Paul Revere tea kettle, but in an unexpected twist of fate, she gave me a "housewarming present" (yep, that's exactly what she called it) which was the exact same tea kettle (she's known to have 2 or 3 of things...it's a vintage/yard-saling/hoarding thing)!

So, I took that Paul Revere housewarming tea kettle to my new place, and it never did quite fit in here. It sat on the stove and just looked totally out of place. It made my kitchen look like our old kitchen, that was NOT ok. And, as if this wasn't enough, I never even used the damn thing. No, actually, that's not true. I used it a few times - mostly to heat water for tea when I was sick, but that was really the only thing I ever used it for. So - I decided to sell it at Kim & Jen's fabulous amazing driveway/sidewalk sale this summer. Yay! I think I got $10 for it, I can't remember. The point is that I sold it (thanks, J Word), and then of course every time I turned around I was in desperate need of a tea kettle.

Enough finally became enough, and I hunted around ebay for a nice tea kettle (a youthful one, for a vivacious 30-something, not a cast iron Paul Revere tea kettle for an octogenarian!). I found this cool Kitt Amore (never hear of 'em before this) number, and I fell in love! I paid $19.99 for it, and it came to me all the way from Chicago. It arrived tonight, and I couldn't be happier! I can't wait to have tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment