1.05.2011

New Year's Cooking / Freezing Fest

M and I spent the first weekend of 2011 together celebrating and cooking dinners that we divided up to freeze and eat over the next few weeks. This was a pretty big production...choosing recipes, going to the grocery store, cooking, dividing, freezing...it took all day, but it was totally worth it! M even used pictures to document my freezer filling up as we cooked more and more.
M made something in the crock pot that was basically like the insides of a chicken pot pie without the crust. Served with warm biscuits - what's not to love about that?!

I was a chopping ninja for the sweet potato soup I made.

This picture isn't great...but the food was! This was coconut soup with Indonesian chicken (chicken rubbed with a bunch of amazing spices).

Ever the organizer, M kept us on track...

I had to start the sweet potato soup in a skillet, then I finished it in a pot.

My freezer the way I love to see it - nice and FULL!

No comments:

Post a Comment