3.19.2011

Ladies, Fire Up Your Grills!!!!

Yep, that's right! The 2011 grilling season is officially OPEN! My BFFs came over last night for a marathon hangout and to make dinner for me to say thanks since I've watched their dog for them a couple of weekends recently. Let me tell you - after this dinner (and the subsequent breakfast this morning - I'll get to that in a minute) I'd happily watch their dog any time!

I can't lie, we got off to a rough start, as I'd run out of propane late in the 2010 grilling season, and I SWEAR I swapped out the tank, but alas - the tank was empty, so Jen and I went on an 8:00 pm run to Home Depot to get a fresh one. It. Was. Worth it! We made grilled steak and shrimp fajitas complete with grilled peppers & onions, fresh hand-made pico de gallo, fresh hand-made guacamole, and all the fixins. I'll let the pictures tell the story...

Kim prepped the best individual fixins plates EVER!

Homemade pico - with tomatoes, garlic, cilantro...YUM!

Jen created the BEST marinade for the steak & shrimp!

The meat looks kind of raw in this pic, but it and the veggies were PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment