8.07.2012

Oat & Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes

I have the most wonderful blueberry bush in the garden out back, and when the blueberries are plump, juicy, and ripe I can't help myself...I must make blueberry pancakes! I found a buttermilk pancake recipe a few years ago that I absolutely love. This time though, I was really craving something a little more dense, so I searched for a new - more filling - pancake. I found this recipe for hearty oatmeal pancakes. It was especially exciting because the instructions say to soak the oats in buttermilk - YES!!! As I reviewed the directions, I felt like it would be better (and more fun) to use oat flour instead of rolled oats. So, I used my Blendtec to magically do just that.

Ahhh...behold the magic of the Blendtec!
As you can see from the recipe, there are several steps involved in the process of combining the ingredients. It's kind of a pain, but it's chemistry...and unless you don't care how your pancakes taste or what texture they have, you'd better follow them to the T. You can't argue with chemistry! I'll break it down into three easy steps:

Step 1: mix the batter (it's best to use a KitchenAid mixer!)

Step 2: add the blueberries (it's best if they're from the garden!)

Step 3: cook and enjoy (it's best if you use pure maple syrup!)!


No comments:

Post a Comment