2.14.2010

Slow Cooker Beef Stew

I've been craving vegetable soup. I ended up making chili a couple of weeks ago, and it was good, but that didn't satisfy the craving. This afternoon, I decided I want to try beef stew, so I looked up "easy beef stew recipes" and found this one. I'm super excited b/c it's a crock pot recipe, and you know how much I love those! I'm building up quite a repertoire of slow cooker recipes! Pics and review of the beef stew coming in the next couple of days...

UPDATE: Ok, so I made a grocery list and found my way to the store. I managed to get all the ingredients for the beef stew including the onion soup mix, which is something I've never purchased before. This recipe was super easy, and like all good crock pot recipes, you simply layer the ingredients in the order they're listed. I documented the process because I think it's so cool. :)



Oh, and I'm a firm believer in using good ingredients. This potato was happy to be a part of my stew, as evidenced by the little smile he gave me while I was peeling him. :)



CARROTS:
BEEF:
POTATOES:
VEGGIES:
ONION:
COOKING:
It is important to note that this recipe must be for a GIANT crock pot, because I was only able to fit in 7 potatoes (the recipe calls for 12) and half the veggies (one can of green beans, peas, and corn versus two of each). Also, I used vegetable stock instead of water as the liquid. The recipe says to cook it on high for one hour and then cook it on medium for 4 to 5 hours. My crock pot doesn't have a "medium" or a timer, so I'm going to cook it on low for 4 hours and set my alarm to wake up and unplug it at 2:00 am. :)
ALL DONE! YUM!
Oh, and I accidentally put too much liquid in, and it overflowed once it got hot...so now I need to clean up... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment