2.02.2010

Pancakes


These are another weekend pleasure - PANCAKES! I'm not talking about the Bisquick kind, either! I found the best buttermilk pancake recipe here. I mean, it's called "Mom's buttermilk pancakes," so how can you go wrong? One suggestion: substitute 1/2 tsp sugar for 1/2 tsp salt rather than adding 1 tsp salt and no sugar. :) My favorite thing about pancakes? Adding sh*t to 'em! :) The ones pictured here are plane jane pancakes, but to really enjoy them it's best to add yummy things. I've tried bananas (a classic), blueberries (quintessential), blackberries (amazing), and raspberries (excellent). I want to try strawberries and peanut butter/chocolate chip. The peanut butter might be too much...we'll see. And, of course, genuine, homemade buttermilk pancakes are best served with warm, 100% pure maple syrup (organic is even better). My favorite (so far) is Coombs Family Farms maple syrup...soooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment