2.02.2010

The Weekender Omelette


This, my friends, is what I do nearly every weekend. I love, I mean LOVE, getting up without the assistance of an alarm clock, lying in bed for awhile to give myself time to wake up naturally, going downstairs, putting on a half pot of coffee, and whipping up (in honor of Grandma Summers) the most gorgeous omelette you've ever seen. I also love experimenting with ingredients. Last weekend's omelettes (yes, sometimes I do one on Saturday and another on Sunday!) included the above: onions, green peppers (also called "mangoes" in Indiana...something that was exceptionally confusing when I became aware of the fruit called a mango), tomatoes, mushrooms (not pictured), ham, and of course, cheese (but not just any cheese - this is Cabot shredded sharp cheddar cheese). Now, truth be told - the green pepper turned out to be on the edge of spoiled, so that kind of dampened the full effect. However, the rest of it was amazing. The coffee was extra good, too. You just can't beat Equal Exchange Breakfast Blend (or Colombian, whichever you've got on hand) with Rhody Fresh half and half and Florida Crystals (or Domino). See you again next weekend, my beautiful Little Rhody eggs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment